This policy was published on June 7, 2022. It will take effect on June 7, 2022.
HearMe in 30 Inc, a Delaware corporation ("Company," "our," "us" or "we"), respects your ("your" or "you") privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes: · The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you purchase, download, install, register with, access, or use our mobile app, HearMe.App, or our website, www.hearme.app (collectively, the"App").
· Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.This policy applies only to information we collect in this App and in email, text, and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with this App. This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
· We collect offline or on any other Company apps or websites, including websites you may access through this App.
· You provide to or is collected by any third party (see Third-Party Information Collection).
Children Under the Age of 18
The App is not intended for children under 18 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at DataPrivacy@hearme.app. Under the California ConsumerPrivacy Act (CCPA), California residents under 18 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see the “California Privacy Rights” Section for more information.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our App:
· Directly from you when you provide it to us.
· Automatically when you use the App.
· From your employer, if the app was purchased on your behalf by them.
Information You Provide to Us
When you download, register with,or use this App, we may ask you provide information:·
By which you may be personally identified, such as name, member or employee ID, email address, or telephone number ("personal information").
· That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as gender, age, geolocation, preferences, discussion topic interests or lifestyle information.
This information includes:
· Information that you provide by filling in forms in the App. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the App, subscribing to our service, updating a profile and providing feedback or help and support requests.
We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the App.
· Records and copies of your correspondence(including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
· Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
· Your search queries on the App.
You may also provide information for publication or display ("Posted") on public areas of the app or websites you access through the App (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are Posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
When you download, access, and use the App, it may use technology to automatically collect:
· Usage Details. When you access and use the App, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the App, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the App.
· DeviceInformation. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device's unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device's telephone number.
· Location Information. This App does not collect real-time information about thelocation of your device.If you do not want us to collectthis information, do not download the App or delete it from your device. Note,however, that opting out of the App's collection of location information willdisable its location-based features.We also may use thesetechnologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third-partywebsites, apps, or other online services (behavioral tracking). Click here forinformation on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on or through this how we respond to browser signals and other mechanisms that enableconsumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
InformationCollection and Tracking Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
· Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our App.
· WebBeacons. Pages of the App and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity).
Third-Party Information Collection
When you use the App or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include: · Google Analytics
· Trevor.io (our data analytics provider)
· Amazon Web Services
· GCP Data Management
· OneTrust Cookie Management Tracker
· YouTube video tutorials
· Your mobile device manufacturer.
· Your mobile service provider.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use this App.The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content. We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Your Choices About OurCollection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We may use, disclose information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
· Provide you with the App and its contents, and any other information, products, or services that you request from us.
· Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
· Give you notices about your account and subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
· Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
· Notify you when App updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
· Conduct medical and educational research in the mental wellness space
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our App and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
· Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
· Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our App according to your individual interests.
· Speed up your searches.
· Recognize you when you use the App.
We use location information we collect to staff the Listener population in a geographically appropriate manner. We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information, see Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of YourInformation.We may use the information we collect to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction. In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
· To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
· To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
· To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our App users is among the assets transferred.
· To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to/not opted out of these disclosures.
· To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
· For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
· With your consent.
· To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
· To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
· If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our customers or others.
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of over your information.
Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the App to collect and usereal-time information about your device's location through the device's privacysettings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the Appmay become inaccessible or not function properly.·
Promotion by the Company. If you do not want us to use your email address or othercontact information to promote our own or third parties' products or services,you can opt-out. You can also always opt-out by logging into the App andadjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking orunchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request toDataPrivacy@hearme.app.
Targeted Advertising by the Company. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt-out. You can also always adjust your user advertising preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request toDataPrivacy@hearme.app.
Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising and Marketing. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for advertising and marketing purposes, you can opt-out. You can also always opt-out by logging into the App and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to DataPrivacy@hearme.app.We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising.However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website. California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see the “California Privacy Rights” Section for more information.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
We rely on a number of legal bases to use your personal information in the ways described herein. These legal bases include:
· As necessary to provide our services and contractual obligations to you;
· When you consented to the processing, which you may revoke at any time;
· As necessary for our purpose or a those of a third party, such as partners;
· As necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, court order, or to exercise or defend against a pending or asserted legal claim;
· As necessary in the public interest;
· You making the information expressly public; and
· As necessary to protect your interests or those of others.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident,California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit our CCPA Privacy Notice section. California's "Shine theLight" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to DataPrivacy@hearme.appor write us at: HearMe in 30 Inc, c/o Jeff Sauerhoff, 1 Rockefeller Plaza,Suite 1040, New York, NY 10020
European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
European Union (EU) residents and citizens are entitled to certain rights under the EU GDPR regarding our use of your personal information.
Rights to Access and Portability
By contacting us through the contact information provided herein, you may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information associated with your account.
Right to Correction
You have the right to request that we correct inaccurate information about you by sending an email to DataPrivacy@hearme.app.
Right to Restrict Processing or Delete
You may have the right to restrict or limit the ways in which we use your personal information.You may have the right to request that we delete your personal information, except for information that we are required to retain by law, regulation, or other exceptional circumstances.
Right to Object
If we process your information based on our legitimate interests, or in the public interest, you can object to this processing in certain circumstances. You can also object to receiving direct marketing from us by emailing us at DataPrivacy@hearme.app. In such cases, we will cease processing your information unless we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing or where it is necessary for legal reasons.
Kristy Malm is the data controller and is responsible for your personal information.
If you live in theEU and wish to report a complaint, or if you feel we have not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may file a complaint with your local data protection regulator.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the App like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the App.Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure.Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through ourApp. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
Email Address: DataPrivacy@hearme.app
Mailing Address: HearMe in 30 Inc. c/o Jeff Sauerhoff, 1 Rockefeller Plaza, Suite 1040, New York, NY 10020