In order to keep you and our listeners safe, there are certain terms and conditions you must agree to in order to use the HearMe app. That information can always be found here.
Last Modified: June 7, 2022
This Mobile Application End User License Agreement ("Agreement") is a binding agreement between you ("End User" or "you") and HearMe in 30 Inc, a Delaware corporation ("Company"). This Agreement governs your use of the HearMe App and HearMe Enterprise App, (including all related documentation, the "Application"). The Application is licensed, not sold, to you. The terms of this Agreement, and your use of the Application and Website (as defined below), are, and shall at all times, remain subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable Software as a Service (SaaS) Agreement under which you are accessing the Application and Website (the “SaaS Agreement”), if applicable.
BY CLICKING THE "I ACCEPT" BOX AND DOWNLOADING AND USING THE APPLICATION, YOU (A) ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT; (B) REPRESENT THAT YOU ARE OF LEGAL AGE TO ENTER INTO A BINDING AGREEMENT; AND (C) ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE LEGALLY BOUND BY ITS TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, DO NOT DOWNLOAD, INSTALL, OR USE THE APPLICATION AND DELETE IT FROM YOUR MOBILE DEVICE.
1. License Grant. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, Company grants you a limited, non-exclusive, and nontransferable license to download, install, and use the Application for your personal, non-commercial use on a single mobile device owned or otherwise controlled by you ("Mobile Device") strictly in accordance with the Application's documentation.
2. License Restrictions. You shall not:
(a) copy the Application, except as expressly permitted by this license;
(b) modify, translate, adapt, or otherwise create derivative works or improvements, whether or not patentable, of the Application;
(c) reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, decode, or otherwise attempt to derive or gain access to the source code of the Application or any part thereof;
(d) remove, delete, alter, or obscure any trademarks or any copyright, trademark, patent, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights notices from the Application, including any copy thereof;
(e) rent, lease, lend, sell, sublicense, assign, distribute, publish, transfer, or otherwise make available the Application, or any features or functionality of the Application, to any third party for any reason, including by making the Application available on a network where it is capable of being accessed by more than one device at any time; or
(f) remove, disable, circumvent, or otherwise create or implement any workaround to any copy protection, rights management, or security features in or protecting the Application.
3. Listeners and Subclinical Services. HearMe Listeners are not trained or qualified therapists. Please do not use the HearMe App for crisis or emergency situations. HearMe Listeners are not trained to assist those in crisis. If a HearMe member seems to present a danger to themselves or others they will be immediately referred to a qualified emergency crisis partner and their chat will be terminated. You acknowledge and agree that Listeners are not employees of HearMe, and HearMe assumes no responsibility for any act or omission of any such Listener. You acknowledge and agree that you take full responsibility for the decision to access a Listener through the Site and to continue to interact with the Listener, and that the role of HearMe is strictly limited to providing access to such Listeners.
4. Chat Content. HearMe is not involved in any way with the actual substance of your conversations or any part of the Listening Service (whether provided through the Platform or not). Information shared between Members and Listeners during chats may be reviewed periodically by HearMe to conduct quality control, address potential safety issues, and prevent misuse of our platform, if certain suspicious or potentially harmful activity is detected. We may also use aggregated data from chat transcripts to conduct research and development. In reviewing this information, HearMe will maintain all applicable confidentiality/HIPAA/privacy standards.
5. Listener Quality & Credentials. HearMe makes no representation or warranty whatsoever as to
(a) the willingness or ability of the Listener to give support,
(b) whether the Member shall find a Listener useful or satisfactory,
(c) whether the Member shall find a Listener’s support relevant, useful, accurate or satisfactory,
(d) whether the listening of the Listener will be helpful, or
(e) whether the support of the Listener will be responsive or relevant to the Member’s question.
HEARME LISTENERS ARE NOT TRAINED THERAPISTS. HearMe does not verify the skills, degrees, qualifications, credentials, or background of any Listeners. HEARME DOES NOT WARRANT THE VALIDITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF ANY CONTENT OR ADVICE PROVIDED BY LISTENERS AND HEARME WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES SUSTAINED BY MEMBER DUE TO RELIANCE ON ANY SUCH INFORMATION OR ADVICE.
6. Reservation of Rights. You acknowledge and agree that the Application is provided under license, and not sold, to you. You do not acquire any ownership interest in the Application under this Agreement, or any other rights thereto other than to use the Application in accordance with the license granted, and subject to all terms, conditions, and restrictions, under this Agreement. Company reserves and shall retain its entire right, title, and interest in and to the Application, including all copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights therein or relating thereto, except as expressly granted to you in this Agreement.
9. Geographic Restrictions. The Content and Services are based in the State of New York in the United States and provided for access and use by persons located in the United States. You acknowledge that you may not be able to access all or some of the Content and Services outside of the United States and that access thereto may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Content and Services from outside the United States, you are responsible for compliance with local laws.
10. Updates. Company may from time to time in its sole discretion develop and provide Application updates, which may include upgrades, bug fixes, patches, other error corrections, and/or new features (collectively, including related documentation, "Updates"). Updates may also modify or delete in their entirety certain features and functionality. You agree that Company has no obligation to provide any Updates or to continue to provide or enable any particular features or functionality. Based on your Mobile Device settings, when your Mobile Device is connected to the internet either:
(a) the Application will automatically download and install all available Updates; or
(b) you may receive notice of or be prompted to download and install available Updates.
You shall promptly download and install all Updates and acknowledge and agree that the Application or portions thereof may not properly operate should you fail to do so. You further agree that all Updates will be deemed part of the Application and be subject to all terms and conditions of this Agreement.
11. Third-Party Materials. The Application may display, include, or make available third-party content (including data, information, applications, and other products, services, and/or materials) or provide links to third-party websites or services, including through third-party advertising ("Third-Party Materials"). You acknowledge and agree that Company is not responsible for Third-Party Materials, including their accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality, or any other aspect thereof. Company does not assume and will not have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person or entity for any Third-Party Materials. Third-Party Materials and links thereto are provided solely as a convenience to you, and you access and use them entirely at your own risk and subject to such third parties' terms and conditions.
12. Term and Termination.
(a) The term of Agreement commences when you download or install the Application and will continue in effect until terminated by you or Company as set forth in this Section 12.
(b) You may terminate this Agreement by deleting the Application and all copies thereof from your Mobile Device.
(c) Company may terminate this Agreement at any time without notice (i) if it ceases to support the Application, which Company may do in its sole discretion, or (ii) in accordance with the terms of the applicable SaaS Agreement.
(d) This Agreement will terminate immediately and automatically without any notice if you violate any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
(e) Upon termination:
(i) all rights granted to you under this Agreement will also terminate; and
(ii) you must cease all use of the Application and delete all copies of the Application from your Mobile Device and account.
(f) Termination will not limit any of Company's rights or remedies at law or in equity.
13. Disclaimer of Warranties. THE APPLICATION IS PROVIDED TO END USER "AS IS" AND WITH ALL FAULTS AND DEFECTS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, COMPANY, ON ITS OWN BEHALF AND ON BEHALF OF ITS AFFILIATES AND ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS, EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, WITH RESPECT TO THE APPLICATION, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE, OR TRADE PRACTICE. WITHOUT LIMITATION TO THE FOREGOING, COMPANY PROVIDES NO WARRANTY OR UNDERTAKING, AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND THAT THE APPLICATION WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, ACHIEVE ANY INTENDED RESULTS, BE COMPATIBLE, OR WORK WITH ANY OTHER SOFTWARE, APPLICATIONS, SYSTEMS, OR SERVICES, OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION, MEET ANY PERFORMANCE OR RELIABILITY STANDARDS, OR BE ERROR-FREE, OR THAT ANY ERRORS OR DEFECTS CAN OR WILL BE CORRECTED.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF OR LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATIONS ON THE APPLICABLE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF A CONSUMER, SO SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
14. Limitation of Liability. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL COMPANY OR ITS AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS, HAVE ANY LIABILITY ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE APPLICATION OR THE CONTENT AND SERVICES FOR:
(a) PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOST PROFITS, COST OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
(b) DIRECT DAMAGES IN AMOUNTS THAT IN THE AGGREGATE EXCEED THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU FOR THE APPLICATION. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE OR COMPANY WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW CERTAIN LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SO SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
15. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Company and its officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, successors, and assigns from and against any and all losses, damages, liabilities, deficiencies, claims, actions, judgments, settlements, interest, awards, penalties, fines, costs, or expenses of whatever kind, including reasonable attorneys' fees, arising from or relating to your use or misuse of the Application or your breach of this Agreement, including but not limited to the content you submit or make available through this Application.
16. Export Regulation. The Application may be subject to US export control laws, including the Export Control Reform Act and its associated regulations. You shall not, directly or indirectly, export, re-export, or release the Application to, or make the Application accessible from, any jurisdiction or country to which export, re-export, or release is prohibited by law, rule, or regulation. You shall comply with all applicable federal laws, regulations, and rules, and complete all required undertakings (including obtaining any necessary export license or other governmental approval), prior to exporting, re-exporting, releasing, or otherwise making the Application available outside the US.
17. U.S. Government Rights. The Application is commercial computer software, as such term is defined in 48 C.F.R. §2.101. Accordingly, if you are an agency of the U.S. Government or any contractor therefor, you receive only those rights with respect to the Application as are granted to all other end users under license, in accordance with (a) 48 C.F.R. §227.7201 through 48 C.F.R. §227.7204, with respect to the Department of Defense and their contractors, or (b) 48 C.F.R. §12.212, with respect to all other US Government licensees and their contractors.
18. Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is illegal or unenforceable under applicable law, the remainder of the provision will be amended to achieve as closely as possible the effect of the original term and all other provisions of this Agreement will continue in full force and effect; provided, however, that if any fundamental term or provision of this Agreement, is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement shall be unenforceable.
19. Governing Law. This Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Delaware without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule. Any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of or related to this Agreement or the Application shall be instituted exclusively in the federal courts of the United States or the chancery courts of the State of Delaware in each case located in the City of Dover and the County of Kent. You waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by such courts and to venue in such courts.
20. Limitation of Time to File Claims. ANY CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM YOU MAY HAVE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE APPLICATION MUST BE COMMENCED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES OTHERWISE SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
22. Waiver. No failure to exercise, and no delay in exercising, on the part of either party, any right or any power hereunder shall operate as a waiver thereof, nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right or power hereunder preclude further exercise of that or any other right hereunder. In the event of a conflict between this Agreement and any applicable purchase or other terms, the terms of this Agreement shall govern.