The HearMe app provides a safe space for you to chat with a real person with shared lived experience who is trained to offer emotional support the moment you need it. Our emotions don't run on schedules. That's why a HearMe Listener will always be standing by, 24/7. Follow the steps below to get started. Once you've signed in and subscribed, you'll be connected with a Listener in under 3 minutes, every time.
2. To create your account:
Open the app and click the "Get Started" button.
Choose from the “Continue with Email," "Continue with Google," or "Continue with Apple" option. When choosing, "continue with email," you will need to select "Don't have an account?" on the sign-in page to create your account.
Add your first name when directed to complete sign-up (you can use an alias if you'd like).
3. Once you're in the app, you will need to choose your subscription plan. Simply navigate to the Settings tab and select a monthly or yearly subscription. You can then manage your subscription via your app store. This is also where you can enter a promo code if applicable.
4. When you're ready, select the "Find a Listener" button on the home screen to choose your topic and start texting with a trained Listener.
5. Log your mood and share a bit more about how you're feeling if you'd like. You will be connected with a Listener in minutes.
6. Chat with your Listener for however long you need. You can end the chat and provide feedback at any time.
7. After ending the chat and rating your experience, you will be prompted to request a dedicated chat to connect with your Listener again in the future.
8. Once accepted by the Listener, you can go back and chat anytime in the chat menu. Dedicated chats are indicated by the purple chat icon.
Note: make sure the app is up-to-date by downloading the latest version via your app store
College is hard, HearMe can help.
Students using the app are directly supported by an expansive network of age-similar HearMe interns pursuing their Masters in Social Work (MSW). Choose from unique topics and issues that impact you or opt to “just talk”. This enables you to connect with trained peers who share lived experiences and challenges and can provide resources, empathy, and a sense of genuine connection. Simply check the "I'm a student box" when signing up to access your curated network of peer support.